Some tour highlights:
- Austin, Texas - widely known as the 'Live Music Capital of the World'.
- New Orleans - Attend the New Orleans Jazz and heritage Festival, stroll down Bourbon Street in the French Quarter and enjoy the music, food and atmosphere at authentic local juke joints, enjoy a performance by Jules at the Bombay Club, go on a paddlewheeler music cruise on the Mississippi.
- The tour includes tickets for 2 days at the 2020 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, one of the most famous festivals in the world. Past performers include The Rolling Stones, Diana Ross, Doctor John, Santana, Herbie Hancock, The Doobie Brothers & Taj Mahal Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal, Teronzo Cannon, Vickie Baker, Charlie Love and Johnny Rawlins
- Memphis - the home of Rock 'n Roll, Sun Studios and Graceland
- Muscle Shoals Sound Studio, where artists like Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, & Otis Redding recorded.
- Two fo America's most beautiful coastal cities - Savannah and Charleston with their rich African/America heritage, culture and architecure.
The Blues Tour of America's Deep South - conducted by John Howie Music Tours - was conceived in response to the desire of local blues music enthusiasts to experience authentic blues music and heritage first-hand in its traditional heartland - The Delta!
You will be part of a incredible journey through America's cultural and musical heritage. Traversing a stunning landscape, you will be immersed in the unique musical genres that emerged, more than a century ago, from the melting pot of culture found in the southern states. It was right here that the music evolved into many genres - blues, jazz, rock 'n' roll, funk and the popular music of today. We take our tour members to the cities, towns and haunts made famous by giants of blues lore such as - Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Jellyroll Morton, B.B King, Louis Armstrong, Elvis and many more.
Travelling from Dallas, through the Mississippi Delta and on to New Orleans and more, you will have the privilege of experiencing up-close live performances, in iconic venues by some of the finest musicians to have made blues music their life. Following the migration of blues music along the Mississippi River, there will be historic towns to explore, famous juke joints and honky-tonks to jive in and time to pause at significant locations that are now indelibly etched into the fabric of the American story; places at the forefront of issues like slavery and civil rights. You will also visit many of the popular cuisine hot spots and tourist attractions available along the way. Arriving in the bigger cities, guided tours conducted by experienced guides are also offered, giving you intimate local knowledge and enhancing your blues music tour. For a full description of the tour and fun to be had, download the full itinerary.
About Jules... Jules Boult - Australian Blues & Jazz entertainer, Jules Boult, is the celebrity host / musical director of the 2020 Blues Tour of America's Deep South . He is an award winning singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and recording artist. Jules’ musical career has taken him across Australia, the United States and Europe. Since 2011 he has released five albums to critical acclaim and been awarded a coveted Australian Blues Music Award. In 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 Jules toured the US, from New Orleans to New York via the Mississippi delta, performing & recording with various musicians including Kermit Ruffins, Mississippi John Horton, and The Oakridge Boys. Jules’ music, and effortless performance style, are true to the blues tradition.
Comment from Radio Presenter Matthew Frederick. (106.7 PBS FM) He has a unique understanding of the American songbook, and sees the links between genres that most people ignore. He understands the cross fertilization between blues, gospel, country and pop – and uses it to create. Matthew Frederick.
Jules is a musical explorer - Join Jules on this musical adventure as we travel, explore and listen to real live blues played in the very heart of the land that shaped a genre of music that is as vibrant today as it ever was.
Comment from Radio Presenter HELEN JENNING, PBS FM
Melbourne multi Instrumentalist/singer/songwriter, Jules Boult has produced a brilliant debut release bursting with a fresh & original take on his penchant for early Jazz, Blues & old time music. Well crafted music & witty, emotive lyrics delivered with ease and a smile. A gem!"
John Howie Music Tours & Cruises are run in partnership with Australian company Travelrite International. Travelrite is Australia’s leading operator of special interest tours.
Phone Travelrite TOLLFREE on 1800 033 436 for bookings or enquiries